Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #430

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 17:29:06 +0000

I just came across this quote from the Bhagvagad Gita :
                        "These things of matter, that bring us cold,
heat,
pleasure, pain, come and go again; they last not; therefore endure them - - .
- - . Whom these perturb not . . . wise, he builds for immortality. For the
unreal there is no being, nor any end of being for the real; the truth as to
these two is seen by those who behold reality. . . . These temporal bodies
are declared to belong to the eternal lord of the body, imperishable, immeasurable; therefore, fight, O son of Bharta! He who sees him as slayer, or who thinks of him as slain, both understand not. He slays not
nor is slain. He is nevfer born nor dies, nor will he, having being, evermore cease to be . . . . "

It reminds me of the final battle between Arkat and Nysalor : "He who sees him as slayer, or who thinks of him as slain, both understand not. "

Simon Hibbs