Re: Brithini Air-Commandos and secrets I'd have to kill you for.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 19:10:21 GMT

> >The Brithini I doubt, I must say. I bet you wouldn't get them to
> >fly even if you provided them with their own Airbus 340 for the
> >purpose.
>
> You think so? My understanding of the Brithini military, frex, is a bunch
> of immortals with magic devices/protections/etc to the hilt.

Ker-ect.

> For me that naturally included the ability to fly effectively at will.

That's a bit of a 'leap', if not a 'flight of fancy'. Ho ho.

> >I don't know I'd put in in those terms, but yes, I think there are
> >going to be magical 'limitations' in how high one can go, how readily.
> >It seems silly to infer otherwise just from a brief spell description.

> Best to let the players fly as high as they ~want~, and then let THEM find
> out what happens..."And how high did you say you were planning to fly, Mr.
> Icarus?"

Oh, I agree. The characters don't know the limitations and parameters of their magic (or rather "such things depend on your faith, strength, inner storm, and the Will of the Wind!"), so neither should the players (bwah-ha-ha).

Slan,
Alex.