Lhankor Mhy Map makers

From: fantome_at_ozemail.com.au
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 16:23:45 +1100

Lhankor Mhy scholars would also want accurate maps.

This is for no other reason other than to have accurate maps. Knowledge for its own sake so to speak. To accumulate and hoard or sell for a price as is the case for its other gained knowledge.

If the opportunity to flight was available, they would try to cajole, badger, bully, trade favours, whinge, whine, gamble, persuade, buy their way into using someones' flight ability to make better maps, or to make maps where they didn't already have one of the area.

Else, they'd do it the hardway. Go and map (er.. send expendable initiates to map ) the place on the foot, or hire someone else to do the mapping.

An Orlanthi helping out a fellow lightbringer to achieve his priests expectations, would not, IMO, be an improper use of rune magic. Unfortunately, I never even managed to get a sylph to help map the elder wilds.. grumble... Not one of our Orlanthi knew summon sylph or flight... to my knowledge ...

I liked the earlier post about Lhankor Mhys and Dormal. Dormal, please fill out the maps for the lands you will be visiting...

Accuracy, of map, OTOH is an entirely different matter.

Brian
fantome_at_ozemail.com.au <SPACE RESERVED FOR RENT>