Brithini Armies

From: N.J. EFFINGHAM <ENG7NJE_at_arts-01.novell.leeds.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 15:28:44 GMT

The talk of the Brithini gave me a thought. It has been suggested that either the Brithini are (a) a shit hard army of magically powered Immortals who know every trick in the book or (b) a rag tag band of rundown immortals who only know one set of tactics, and everyone else knows new ones they can't handle and so the Brithini, shit hard as they are individually, cannot function as an army nowadays.

My suggestion is to combine the two. Sure, if you KNOW the tactics you can beat them, but the Brithini probably haven't fought in a long long time, and those that they have fought with probably didn't get an enormous understanding of their tactics. When the Brithini were an active force, before Brithos left, then there would probably have been a lot of problems with new tactics, and the Brithini refusing to change their old ways, but nowadays the people who knew the Brithni tactics are dead or gone, and the Brithini are now a fighting force (albeit, small in number).

Why is this important? If you're in the Seshnelan area in the Hero Wars just in time for the Brithini to invade (alongside everyone else) knowing their tactics would be very useful (and, of course, a complete compilation of their tactics was written by a long dead general - and a good adventure would be for the PCs to reaquire it).

All IMO,

Nikk E.