Re:fallen angels

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:08:49 EST

In a message dated 2/10/99 1:23:27PM, you write:

<< <<Are there any "fallen" or "dark" renegade angels banished from heaven?>>

      To be honest, I can't think of any parallel to this at all in Glorantha.  Evil or chaotic deities still have heros and demon-type servants, though, if  that's what you mean.

I think the closest parallel could be the Nysalor/Gbaji thing. Gbaji being the Dark Side of the New God.

OK, it's a bit of a weak parallel.
Sheng Seleris could be considered "fallen". If you stretch it a bit he gets quite close to Satan in Paradise Lost- renamed Kralorela Lost?;

"What though the field be lost?
All is not lost; the unconquerable will
And study of revenge, immortal hate,
And courage never to submit or yield"

"To reign is worth ambition though in [Dara Happa] Better to reign in [Dara Happa] than serve in [Kralorela]"

I always considered Star Captains to be angelic type beings but admit that I have never met one.

Keith N