Chronoportation

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 22:41:44 +0000

Andrew wants to know:
> I have read references to this form of time travel via Heroquesting and
>I would like to know if anyone has any opinions on what can be acheived by
>this and the limitations on it.
> My current idea is for a Terminator type plot with Lunar assassins
>travelling back to kill people before they can become inportant and
>protected. This leaves my Pc's to stop the Lunars, (Assuming they get out of
>the Marsh).
> Andrew

Well, I've used this. Kallyr Starbrow in my Glorantha now has a copy of KING OF SARTAR. (And a permanently worried expression.)

The limits I've put on it are:

  1. It has to follow a path back from the future that leads to a regularly occuring ritual event. The idea is that when the High Priest of Oglplost re-enacts the Great Quest of Oglplost each High Holy Day, each recreation of it is all recreations of it. And if you can find the path in the multi-dimensional space of Godtime you can climb back to an earlier recreation.
  2. The messanger who came back from the future (after the death of the Gods) had no resistance to some of the common risks of life in deityridden Glorantha. Specifically he died of common Malia powered diseases very soon after arriving.
  3. Possession of the Knowledge he brought back caused great distress to Lhankhor Mhy sages who tried to translate it and even more pain to their god as he tried to absorb impossible facts that were both true and untrue. (Illuminates on the other hand had no problems whatever.)

Most of the technical details were governed by GM handwaving....

You have to have two sides for the Terminator scenario. Who did you think of targetting exactly?