An "i" of a difference.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:53:39 GMT

Steven Barnes:
> Alex Ferguson writes:
> >Nikk writes:
> >> Arkati Illuminates don't normally know they are Illuminated.
> >This is getting into the realms of the duck Test, for me: [...]

> Well, it seems to me that Arkat had two big illuminate powers [...]

Why is it that just about every time in this thread that I say something about "Arkati", others counter with statements about "Arkat"?

At the risk of repeating myself: what sort of 'illuminant' Arkat was isn't exactly clear (not a Nysalorean one, right?); what the relationship between Arkat's _personal_ state and that of his motley, assorted successor cults/societies/whatever is, equally, not exactly clear. It seems perfectly reasonable to me to object to lumping these all together and just daubing 'Illumination' over them.

Slan,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #440