Assassins

From: DUNCAN ROWLANDS <DUNCANROWLANDS_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:15:53 -0500

refering to Oliver Bernuetz's
>I'm working on an Assassin's Cult known as the Brotherhood of Death for
>Ralios....They live (of course) in a mountain fortress that serves as
their Great
>Temple known as the Black Mountain.....Of course sex and drugs is part o=
their >belief system.

As I get the idea that the Black Mountain bears a similarity to Alamut I suggest you read Warrior Cults by Paul Elliott. A very good chapter on t= he
followers of Hasan-i-Sabbah as well as on Ninja, Thugs and Knights Templa= r.
 Good for background.

To get in the mood for creating the cult listen to Hawkwind's Hassan I Sahba, no connection surely?

BTW in the RW the Aga Khan claims direct bloodline to the Old Man of the Mountain via the offspring of the last Grand Master and his Mongol wife, whom some references put as being a descendant of good old Gengis.