Re: Privateers

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:00:26 +0100

Phil Hibbs:

> Are there any privateers in Glorantha? This might make an interesting
> setting for a game, the wolf pirates seem a bit extreme to make interesting
> PCs. Also, I think most refs would like to keep Harrek out of their game for
> a good while.

IMO, the Captains of Haragala often operate like privateers. While the main principle is to impose taxes and tolls on ships from islands which are not members of the Haragalan Commonwealth, many captains resort to piracy with the unspoken consent of the Captains' Council.

They never take action against Commonwealth ships though, so I think it's fair to label these worthies as privateers rather than pirates.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #442