Re: Great Compromise

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:00:40 +0100

Steve Lieb:

> I have one other tangential question. The Great Compromise is commonly
> framed in terms of the Lunar/Storm pantheons (at least as I've seen it).
> Is the Invisible God also subject to it? Or is the IG simply not a god
> that would involve itself in worldly matters?

The IG is a "High God", a transcendental entity, and as such beyond issues like the Compromise.

> What about the Kralorelans? Are True Dragons "skew" to the Compromise, and
> therefore not really subject to it?

The concept of the Compromise does not exist in the east. The easterners don't recognize the Darkness, the Dawn etc. In Vithelan myth (which is one of the main influences on Kralorelan myth), time as shown by mortals aging and dying etc has been present from the start.

In the East Isles there are examples of immanent gods, walking among men.

"Positioning" dragons isn't easy, but generally speaking they are pretty transcendental and thus look differently at things.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689/