Re: Star Maps

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 18:44:45 GMT

Keith:
> The stars (which I think are holes in the sky dome that let through light from
> the sky world?)

That's correct, or at least, it's correct that that's at a common mythic view of them. Certainly it's the Dara Happan one, IMO.

> are the place I would sit if I were to do a aerial map of the
> surface world.

Things would look kinda abstract from up there, is my feeling. In Materialist terms, the stars are some _tremendous_ distance from the Inner World of Glorantha, so don't expect the view to be so great. In more magical terms, it's part of the HeroPlane, and so it's my belief that from up there things look rather like what myth determines they ought to look like, rather than the Ugly Fact of its current appearance. To take an extreme example, if you use the Star Captains myth to get there, and look down, you'll see Lesser Darkness era Glorantha...

Slan,
Alex.