Re: Star Maps

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 00:59:30 -0800

My reading of the Polaris Rune Spell "Celestial Harmony" is that the caster's view of the battlefield is geared to the size of the battle. Lt. Gen. Dayzatarlassar wouldn't see the map on pages 26-27 of the Tarsh Wars book, he would see the 4' x 8' tabletop the Warhamster battle between Gen. Thrax's little army of (at most) 3,500 Lunars and auxilia and upwards of 6,000 Tarshites was being played out on. Useful for writing up your after action report, I suppose, but not much of a mapping tool. Even if the Lt. Gen. was attached to Fazzur's HQ and he cast the spell when the whole army got stuck in, he would just see the same 4' x 8' area, just the figures would be in 15mm instead of 28mm. =)

Gary R. Switzer
Aero Hobbies