Vormain

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 06:38:55 +1300

Alex Ferguson:

>For almost all its history, Vormain has
>been utterly isolated from the outside world -- no-one leaves, and
>no-one who goes there reports back successfully.

People do leave, they are just not allowed to speak on what goes on in Vormain. And if anybody asks, they have to chop them up into mincemeat.

The Hinter Isles are all dominated by Vormaini exiles who are direct descendants of the Vormaini conquerers of myth and history.

>The fact that there are currently a few refugees from Vormain is probably
>something of a portent in itself, as much as the rumours of a dynastic
>crisis within, just as a Brithini maternity ward would be -- 'normal'
>for them, just ain't.

I think Dynastic crisis are more prevalent than Brithini population explosions. At the Dawn the 13th house ruled. Now they are up to 21. And I'll also quibble on "few" refugees. IMO Vormain does have a steady dribble of refugees over the years. It's the flood of refugees that concerns everybody...