Re: Gref Surveys, Lunar Volcanism

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_dstc.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:53:31 +1000

IUL Labor wrote:

> The burning maps thread won't end, it seems.
- -..
> Which makes me wonder how they get those rocks flying off the moon's
> surface. Do they have controlled geysirs on the moon which can be
> released upon command? Is there a (son or aspect of) Lodril in the moon
> to do the throwing (up)?

[Not quite answering your question I realised after reading it again before sending this. I was really answering "how do they target". Still, someone may be interested anyway...]

Easy, they target some moonrock (quite a sizeable chunk) that is placed on the, let's say, receiving end. This must be placed for them. In extremes, and when a very large piece of moonrock isn't available (let's face it, that's most of the time!), they can send their spirit agent as the target. This is why, in DP, Crater Maker's lose their spirit (IIRC) - it's the target of the attack!

So, if a chunk is placed somewhere they can target anywhere on Glorantha (at a spiritual and physical price of course; distance has an effect!), otherwise
they're limited by how far they can send their spirit as the target.

All IMHO, totally made up on the spot, and in the interests of MGF :-) Robert