More Prax questions

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:00:26 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Praxian nomads again:-

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times, but there is no FAQ or such like to find out so......

Given the low skills of characters/normal NPC's. What happens when a roll for peaceful cut fails?

You either fail and can't eat in which case the nomads die of starvation or you fail and still eat. If each failure means restless spirits follow the tribe or whatever then tribe shamans will be very busy. If you fail and there are no repercussion's for you our your tribe its pointless having the roll in the first place.

Since you actually put POW into the ritual I'm thinking that it always works. Unless you have no POW to use, are disrupted during the ceremony or for plot reasons.

Eiritha and peaceful cut:

Why does Eiritha get this?
Men are the butchers. Men have the secrets of death. Women have removed themselves from that and deal with life and fertility.

Tada:

Do the animal nomads see Tada as one of them? It seems from the current sources (Tales, Drastic) that the real Golden Age people are the Oasis folk and the animal nomads (slightly) newer immigrants.
If someone quested for Tada to return. Would Tada help the oasis folk throw out their nomad oppressors?

FAQ:
There isn't one is there?
Perhaps the 'experts' could compile a FAQ for each of their areas of knowledge and put them on the Glorantha web page:-)

I can think of quite a few that should be in the Praxian one.
Who was Tada?
Do Praxians use metal weapons?
What are all the tribes?
Are herdmen human?