Re: GTA announcement

From: Mike Edwards <medwards_at_luminous.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 16:16:57 -0800

 I've been a lurker for quite a while, but I would have to agree with the basic premise of Brian Tickler's comments: That it should be crystal clear to all that donations are strictly that - donations.

 I think the GTA should be clear that these aren't investments, that any value isn't guaranteed, and any implication otherwise is misleading. I think most, perhaps all, folks on this list already understand that, but it's worth pointing out to make sure.

 I also would like to see material published, and don't really think the intent of the GTA is anything other than what they have said. However, given the numbers and information available, they do seem to be a bit optimistic in regards to their publishing schedule, and reaching their stated monetary goal.

Mike Edwards - Seattle, Washington
medwards_at_luminous.com