Re: GTA parties at overseas cons

From: rexabean_at_ozemail.com.au
Date: Thu Feb 18 08:05:30 1999

G'day all,

> From: "Nick Brooke":
> I, for my part, worry that the continued liveliness
> and viability of the fan scene (such as it is) will
> be wrecked when con-goers need to present their GTA
> Secret Decoder Rings (1st Class) in order to gain
> admission to events...

I agree that the GTA only party was the most annoying and least=  thought out part of the announcement for me. Having helped=  organise 2 Glorantha Cons in Australia over 40% of the=  attendance fee paid by the con goers went to paying for Greg's=  or Sandy's airfare. There is no way I could see us trying to=  restrict access to the guest of honour based on GTA membership=  or otherwise. Everyone has had to pay for them to get there.

On a second note I think Rick Meints and Nick summed up my=  attitude to the GTA very well.

Cheers, Andrew

Message sent by MyMail http://www.mymail.com.au/