Prax FAQ

From: Michael C. Morrison 8-543-4706 <mmorrison_at_VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:48:50 -0800 (PST)

Some nitpicking I have with Nick:

>From: "Nick Brooke" <Nick_Brooke_at_csi.com>
>> What are all the tribes?
>
>The Five Great Tribes:
> Bison, High Llama, Impala, Morokanth, Sable.

Shouldn't that technically be "..Impala, Herdman, Sable"? Do we not list the tribes by beast?

>The Ten Independents:
> Baboon Troop, Basmoli Berserkers, Bolo Lizard Folk, Cannibal Cult,
> Men-and-a-Half, Newtling Renegades, Ostrich Clan, Pavis Survivors,
> Rhino Riders, Unicorn Maidens.

Shouldn't this list also include Newtlings Who Are Not Renegade? And what about the Tusk Riders (not that Praxians care much for 'em...)? Or are they more from the West of Prax (Shadows Dance and East Sartar)? And you include the Unicorn Maidens; what about the Unicorns themselves (being an intelligent species that agreed to Waha's Great Solution, but that nonetheless retain their intelligence, unlike, apparently, most other beasts ...)

>Other Tribes:
> Ghost Darters, Hidden Tribes.
>
>Magical Societies (non-tribal):
> Red School of Masks, Serpent Dancers, Sunset Society, Star Witches,
> Wind Singers.
>
>Other Herds (not tribes):
> Long-Nose, Nose-Horn, Plains Elk; plus Rhino and Zebra herds can
> also be encountered on the Plaines of Prax.

What about followers of the Three Bean Circus? Do they still exist in canonical Prax? If so, are they a Magical Society or Other Tribe?

Do the Praxians consider Elder Races to be "of Prax"? For example, there are Aldryami and Uz in Old Pavis (Big Rubble); are they Praxian? Granted, all city dwellers would be "not us", but Pavis is still in Prax. And what of the Vultures in Vulture Country, or is that outside of 'Prax propre'? And (shudder) what about the Krarshtkids and Krarshtides; chaotic yes, but Praxian?

Finally, we shan't confuse the Plains Elk with the Plains Moose ... (ducks for cover)

Michael

Michael C. Morrison   IBM Software Solutions       Phone (408)463-4706
Data Replication      Santa Teresa Laboratory      FAX   (408)463-4763
Lotus Notes ID:       MCMORRIS at IBMUSM55   IBMLink:  MORRISON_at_TORIBM
IBM Mail Exchange:    USIB47H4 at IBMMAIL     or   USIB4MCM at IBMMAIL
X.400 Address:        G=mcmgm; S=morrison; P=ibmmail; A=ibmx400; C=us