Games for cash scandal.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:37:24 GMT

Ashley Munday deduces that:
> if the GTA can't offer something comparable to the benefits mentioned
> in the original planned share issue then either:
>
> (a) Someone didn't do their sums properly;
> (b) There's some other reason.
>
> If it's (a), great, we all make mistakes, never mind, have the cash.

I think it's already been acknowledged to be a). The deal offered was a little too good to be true, for the money. (My prescription would have been to tweak the money, rather than just ditching the deal, though.)

> He also mentioned that they (as in Chaosium) made an Arthurian RPG. Didn't
> they flog that off (okay, passed the rights to it) as repayment to someone
> who'd loaned 'em cash?

Yup. (The loan was indeed specifically secured on same, as I understand it.)

Slainte,
Alex.