Re: line between legal and illegal

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_chaosium.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 16:53:00 -0800

>Evidently GTA believes that giving a 30% discount in
>return for a donation is legal.
>
>Couldn't they just give a 100% discount on any product,
>discount valid only once per year, discount non-transferable,
>discount limited to products put out under the "Issaries"
>product line, and have it be just as legal?

No, not according to the legal advice I have been told of. Legal opinions may vary of course, as we have found out. I'd go for your way in a second if it was allowed. Hell, it was one of my suggestions too, so don't think I'm against it. And I have no idea where the line really is.

Eric Rowe
Wizard's Attic