alt.flame.GTA

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_iname.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:33:17 -0600

The discussion gets a little bitter:
>It depends on how anal you think the average donor is likely to be.
>Of course the value of your opinion might, by some, be considered to be
>somewhat irrelevent. Bearing in mind that you have personaly declared
>that you will not be one of them anyway. (Such a loss!)

Can we simply agree that Brian isn't going to be a member, and value his contribution without getting pissy about it? This IS a forum for the discussion of opinion, yes?

The GTA has ended up asking for donations. Having its original plan couched in the terms of stock and investments perhaps suggested to some that it (in its later evolved form) was something other than that.

If you donate to the GTA, great. They have what about $13000 now? That's fantastic, and I encourage everyone who is able to spare the cash and loves Glorantha to join up.

However, sniping from those who ARE members is certainly not going help. Glorantha already mightily suffers from one-true-world-ism enough, without further subdividing the community into "cool GTA donors" and the hoi polloi.

My 2 clacks.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #456