Re: Morokanth, Malkion

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 23:36:59 GMT

David Dunham sagely advises:
> Somehow, to get a conclusion I think you need enough Eastern Experts that
> you can line them up in a circle, if you know what I mean.

I hope this doesn't involve killing and eating Nils, who's a little on the scrawny side. (I'm _not_ an uzko, whatever you may have heard about my SIZ stat.)

> I believe the idea is that 1) at different points of mythic time, Malkion
> did different things and gets different titles (a vague similarity to Yelm
> the Youth vs Yelm the Elder);

Indeed, though the pattern was apparently that he was 'devolving' (or incarnating as a more manifest and frangible being, at least).

> 2) human understanding of the Creator has changed over time.

Hrmmm... I thought it was rather, more to do with which 'level' of 'Malkion' it was Appropriate to worship? That is, the Creator, or one or more 'levels' distant?

Let's keep chuntering on about this topic until someone who knows better chimes in. ;-)

Cheers,
Alex.