Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #453

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:42:00 -0800 (PST)

> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:53:35 GMT
> From: simonh_at_msi-uk.com (Simon Hibbs)
> Subject: GTA discussion
>
> It depends on how anal you think the average donor is likely to be.
> Of course the value of your opinion might, by some, be considered to be
> somewhat irrelevent. Bearing in mind that you have personaly declared
> that you will not be one of them anyway. (Such a loss!)

Unfortunately, the fact that many (not all) here will agree with your statements here is a good example of why the Issaries effort may fall short. The perspective you offer reflects an inward-looking point of view that I think ultimately damages the Glorantha community long term. The fact that a significant portion of Issaries world-view relies on this type of opinion also warps their sense of reality to a dangerous degree. That last statement is bound to stick in several people's craw, so let me say that I am not trying to condemn, merely point out something that seems somewhat "unhealthy".

> Perhaps a 'member plus guest' policy at the parties might work to
> everyone's satisfaction? We could probably get most of a convention
> in that way, which works for me - speaking as an eager prospective
> fully paid up GTA member, that is.

Ah, the elitism has officially begun. Oh joy.