Names of the Invisible God

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:20:19 +1300

Alex Ferguson:

>> 2) human understanding of the Creator has changed over time.

>Hrmmm... I thought it was rather, more to do with which 'level'
>of 'Malkion' it was Appropriate to worship? That is, the Creator,
>or one or more 'levels' distant?

Human understanding of the Creator has been a continual refinement. Zzabur initially said you could only know God to a certain level. Beyond that, he was incomprehensible. Hrestol disproved Zzabur by revealing the Joy of the Heart and the God Learners improved on Hrestol by contacting the One Mind.

Beyond that, things start to get a wee bit messy. The Loskalmi improved on the God Learners by discovering the Prime Mover. The Rokari believe the Prime Mover to be a pile of steaming dog shite and corrected the subtle flaws in God Learner view of the Material World, hence their alternative label as "Realists" IMO.

Arkat did a whole lot of stuff. He's not relevant to improving the understanding of the Creator as he stopped going to church (amongst other atrocities). The Carmanians are likewise hampered. The Sedalpists are post-God Learners who incorporated Silence mysteries into their liturgy. The other Malkioni of Umathela are just too lax to actually give a damn.