Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #457

From: Roland Volz <roland_volz_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:11:51 PST

Just to put in my 2B about the Morokanth tribal identity/name, etc.

When this came up in game, the players assumed that the human Praxian tribes refer to the tribes by the names of the "beasts"; that is, the Impala are beasts, the Bison are beasts, and the Morokanth are beasts that cheated, but still beasts.

The Morokanth, however, being extremely ethnocentric (at least, the way I played the NPCs) refer to the tribes by the name of the most important element of it. If the humans hadn't cheated, the Impala would have won Waha's contest, the Sable would have won, etc. All the way to the Morokanth, who were the only ones capable enough to win.

(In retrospect, I may have been playing the two morokanthi NPCs a little too racist.)

Roland