Re: Closing and Opening

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:54:38 GMT

Nils:
> Where teh East Isles are concerned, latest call is
> that all inter-island travel stopped for a few years,
> then it became possible again, at first through various
> local Opening equivalents. The ocean outside the East
> Isles autonomous sea and wind system was still closed
> of course. Travel was slow an difficult between the
> islands as well.

I believe the situation in Vormain is broadly similar, though I can't recall if Greg deigned to agree with me on this. Probably a longer hiatus, and more difficult... difficulties, subsequently.

I think there was very little communication between Vormain (proper, at least) and the East Isles at large during the period. Whether this is due to the Closing, per se, or to assorted other gloranthopoliticosocioeconomic factors it's not possible for me to Discern (as Greg and Da'an would say) at the moment.

Slainte,
Alex.