Historical Footnotes and pedantry

From: Ash n' Sue <ashleym_at_telinco.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 21:48:49 -0000

Nick said, amongst other things:

"Balazar was the focus of "Griffin Mountain", the 1981 campaign pack for RQ2, which was bastardised into a "Gateway" generic fantasy setting for RQ3, "Griffin Island", in 1986"

I was under the impression that Griffin Oojit was originally submitted by Paul Jaquays as a non-Gloranthan (gateway) campaign to the Chaosium and the Almighty Greg (moving in mysterious ways) dumped it north of the Rockwoods. When the AH deal came through he did what all Divine Beings do and moved it in mysterious ways by slapping it back on an Island.

[Presumably this showed the AH stormtroopers that RQ wasn't bound to Glorantha, just the same way what's left of AH are now trying to convince Hasbro that Advanced Squad Leader ought to have an Action Man gamette.]

On a side note, wasn't Paul Jaquays (along with Rudy Kraft) one of the people to suffer grammatical and lexographical indignities at the hands of Judges Guild?

He goes on: "BTW, I believe there's a guide to retrofitting GI back to GM out on the www somewhere; not sure where..."

Someone posted a quick paragraph on how to backpedal between the two on the RQ rules list, can't remember who or when though.

Ash