Griffin Island to Griffin Mountain

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:32:00 -0500

Nick Brooke had said:

>BTW, I believe there's a guide to retrofitting GI back to GM out on the www
>somewhere; not sure where...

(Whacks self on forehead) What a great idea. Why haven't I done one? Saying that I seem to remember that someone on the Digest did just that very recently.

Griffin Island does actually do a pretty good job of preserving much of the material from Griffin Mountain and even adds some useful stuff (most specifically the player's maps to the citadels that exclude the less well known bits) and the players handouts. What was dropped were of course the Lunar bits, orcs and slarges were added and some additional good background stuff on the Votanki-i.e. Balazarings was added. The Gloranthan colour's gone for the most part but a good search and replace on a word processor could fix the text up.

You probably could play in Balazar using GI if you had a copy of the map from GM

Unfortunately all I've got at work is my copy of GM, not GI so I can't remember the names of the GI citadels or I'd attempt to do a table. Here's a partial stab which I will try and add to tonight if no one repeats their the
one they'd done.

Oliver Bernuetz
www.geocities.com/timessquare/realm/5545 (which by the way has if I say so myself a fair bit of info on Balazar). bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca