Re: Long lasting secret societies

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:47:27 -0000

>What "long lasting" Secret Societies are these? We are talking about
>something that has survived almost 900 years (from the conquest and
>destruction of the Dark Empire down to modern times). I do not know
>of a RW secret society that has lasted that long!

Also, there are two added factors in Glorantha: magic, which can prove that the secrets that the society are founded around *are* true, and longevity - it's not too hard to imagine that many of the Grand Masters lived to two hundred or more. There may even be founder members still alive in the 1620s. This would have an additional preservative effect.

Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated. http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
Failure is not an option, it's integral to the o/s.