Arkatism

From: Paul McDonald <kpaul_at_unity.ncsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:17:25 -0500

Hi all,

This is a fairly basic question, but one I can't seem to get out of my head - so I am dumping it on you. ;) I hope I am not treading a worn out path...

In other magical traditions (like Orlanth), there seems to be a relationship between power and number of worshipers. Only very large temples teach all the cults spells, ect. I am certainly at risk of playing the godlearner here, but how do the Arkat "societies" manage in this regard? It seems to me that these societies are both relatively small and produce heroes. Is Arkatism a mystical philosophy that is grafted on other cults (Humakt, Malkionism, ect)? This would make it similar to Nysalorian Illumination, since the practitioners are both illuminates and members of other cults.

Then again, it might be completely different. Any and all suggestions are welcome...

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #463