half-elves

From: Ian Thomson <gpo.swin.edu.au_at_lucy.cc.swin.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:59:16 +0000

I remember hearing recently that Pavis was a half-elf because his parents were part of the EWF special breeding program or something similar

I'm also interested in the subject because I reckon half-elves were the best D&D race (yes I'm not ashamed, well it was 12 yrs ago I last played and it was more like MERP the way we did it), and I'd dearly love to introduce a half-elf character to my current campaign

In the light of the EWF link, how in 1619 could a person be half elven?

One answer to this question came during game play years ago: A player had 2 PCs, one female elf and a male human To cut the story short, they both ended up in the Underworld but were not actually dead. They were able to bargain with Daka Fal (I forget the exact details) and be reborn - the safest way was for them both to be sent to the elf growing pods in the Garden of the Big Rubble

So over a few weeks the elf simply regrew, however when the human popped out of his pod, he was a half-elf

This idea went down really well in the game, and I bastardised some stats for the new half-elf

Is the 'elves grow in watermelon like pods' notion my idea, or did I pick it up from somewhere?

Ian
ithomson_at_swin.edu.au
(contrary to the above)