Pavis

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:45:04 EST

Loren Miller produces my favourite half elf answers:(shortened for brevity) << Answer 1: Adoption. Pavis was a human adopted by Aldryami,...   Answer 2: Initiation: Pavis was a human initiated into Aldrya and/or Mostal.  Answer 3: Initiation into another nature cult:  Answer 4: Multiple People: The figure known as Pavis is an amalgamation

 Decide for yourself which Answer seems best. I pick #4 with a touch of #3  mixed in. YGMV. >>

My personal preference would be #4, but with a touch of #1 and #2. I don't believe that Pavis was physically meat and two veg (besides that would be two thirds elf), but as an adopted (and therefore initiated into Aldrya) human he could be considered "half elf", perhaps he had Earthsense in some way, which could also link up to Mostali and his Master Builder skills. If he was half elf, half dwarf and half human that would make him very large; hence the giant aspect. I always assumed he was a big Left Hander (Wyrms Friend) and used some sort of unusual Dragon Magic for most of his impressive deeds.

Keith N

Some people have said that plant and animal cross "pollination" would not happen yet there are several examples of super fertile broo mating with anything (I think). Is there a Wild Man of Kralorela myth who mates with rocks, trees and allsorts of other stuff?