Re: Comparitive metaphysics

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 22:32:15 GMT

Peter M.:
> I refer you to the Vithelan Creation Myth where Durapdur becomes
> aware of the measures of Time, Space and Consciousness and perceives
> a lesser version of himself within those measures, Atrilith. Ergo
> Atrilith was manifested within the Cosmos.

I believe you've just 'proved' that Atrilith was 'manifest' in the 'Cosmos', before the 'Cosmos' was created. OK, it means that in some sense Atrilith is bound by, or related to, or whatever the 'measurable' universe, in a way that Durapdur is not, but that's quite a distance short of any evidence that he manifests _within_ the created world. Certainly I don't see it as being very different from the relationship the (Western) Creator has with the created world, who is/manifests/embodies Law, which is what determines the material universe, as opposed to pre-Creation (however that's conceptualised in the West these days).

Sla'n,
Alex.