Comparitive Metaphysics

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:28:44 +1300

Alex Ferguson:

Me>> I refer you to the Vithelan Creation Myth where Durapdur becomes
>> aware of the measures of Time, Space and Consciousness and perceives
>> a lesser version of himself within those measures, Atrilith. Ergo
>> Atrilith was manifested within the Cosmos.

>I believe you've just 'proved' that Atrilith was 'manifest' in the
>'Cosmos', before the 'Cosmos' was created.

Depends on what you mean by the last sentence fragment. The Vithelans remember Creation as a period of time in which the Three Measures were transformed into the High Gods. The Cosmos did exist at the beginning but it was formless.

In the Malkioni PoV, I don't think they conceive of the Creator manifesting within the Cosmos in the same period. He separates Matter from Energy and Nature from Divinity according to the Abiding Book. It is an action which he performs at a distance (Enclosure #1 speaks of 'perceiving').

>[...] but that's
>quite a distance short of any evidence that he manifests _within_
>the created world.

But I didn't _say_ 'created world', I have always said 'Cosmos'.