Re: Half-Elves

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 20:44:21 GMT

Trotsky on the propostion that elves, aren't:
> This seems unlikely, IMO. Remember, an 'elf' is a specific sort of
> Aldryami, distinct from, for example, runners and dryads. It seems to me that
> when referring specifically to what the source material refers to as elves, as
> opposed to other sorts of Aldryami, Gloranthans do indeed use the word 'elf'
> (or equivalent in their language). To assume otherwise seems confusing at
> best.

I's sugegst the term is _Gloranthan_, but not necessarily the Sartarite, etc, term for same; the terms 'troll' and 'dwarf' are of Western provenance, allegedly, though it seems likely are now known in the Centre, without actually 'native terminology'. If one wants to be more specific than 'aldryami', one can say 'tree aldryami', or indeed 'oak aldryami', etc.

Slainte,
Alex.