The Lost Tribes of Prax

From: Meirion Hopkins <meirionhopkins_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 09:52:01 PST

What with all this talk of Praxian herdbeasts does anyone have any information on the lost/missing/hidden/etc tribes of Prax.

A list of the names I have been able to find in official and semi-official publications follows, with my suggestions for RW equivalents:

Bellow-Beast - Wildebeest (well they make a lot of noise whenever they have a film crew in the vicinity!)
Claw-Footer - extinct camel-like beasty (with clawed feet!)the name of which I can't remember of the top of my head.

Long-Nose     - Elephant
Loper         - Kangaroo?
Nose Horn     - Centrosaur?
Plains Elk    - Irish Elk or (since they are called this in the French
Nomad Gods) Elan

Since counters exist for them in Nomad Gods, do herds of long-nose, plains elk and nose horns still roam Prax/The Wastes. There was also the story in Drastic vol Prax with the dead elephant warrior's ghost.

There have been references to a marsupial tribe, hence equating lopers with kangaroos - they bounce after all!

Cheers

Meirion