Foyalfine and OAKA

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 20:45:54 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner:

>Old Arkat Kult Alliance in Sentanos:

>Sentanos is not just a city, but also the overstate for Tortun,
>therefore the mention.

There is no city called Sentanos. The deleted context was that you said that the OAKA was found in Sentanos and Tortun, implying that it was prevalent in Sentanos beyond the borders of Tortun.

>> As for the 'western shores',
>> only Azilos qualifies (Uton is not even coastal).

>We have no "official" material on Tinaros (a chaos waste with 200,000
>human inhabitants??? Hardly.), Tarasdal, or Kustria (where we do have
>quite a bit of published material). It appears likely that the lands
>between the three named centers of activity will have some continuity
>between the known places.

If the OAKA was a broad based public religion like the Church of Arkat the Savior or the Church of Great Arkat, then the continuity argument would have some merit. But the OAKA is a secret society and thus the arguement is not persuasive.

>> Foyalfine
>> is Count of Azilos who wants to be the next Autarch of Stygia.
>> The OAKA are to be found in Azilos yet do not support him.
>> Therefore it seems that Foyalfine and the OAKA are at war with
>> one another?

>It appears that Foyalfine's warlike efforts are directed against his
>other neighbours, but in the end towards Tanisor.

Not correct. The Daran alliance has support from the Azilos OAKA but not from Count Foyalfine.

>Foyalfine's ancestors lost against Bailifes the Hammer, and Foyalfine
>wants to get even.

So why is he entertaining envoys from Tanisor, a factoid specifically mentioned on page 68 of the Genertela Book? Foyalfine could be descended from a stooge Bailifes placed upon the Azilan throne.

>OAKA is a bunch of small communities joining forces to survive the tides
>of politics, or to be more precise, the tides of the Seshnegi border to
>Ralios.

Then why is it in Tortun then?

>The various branches of the Old Arkat Kult Alliance offer their members
>a way to higher truths of the Old Stygian Church of the Dark Empire.

So do the legitimate churches of Arkat. So what is the reason behind the secrecy of the OAKA?

>The continuous
>threat of yet another Seshnegi invasion has prompted the sects and
>churches in the Old Arkat Kult Alliance to remain protective and
>secretive of membership, it is a survival strategy against the tides of
>politics.

This does not explain why the OAKA is active in Sentanos, a place which the Seshnegi never have been.

>If there is a church of Arkat the Savior, it is likely to be
>one of the branches [of the OAKA].

The Church of Arkat the Savior is a wholely seperate institution from the OAKA.