Wombats of Prax

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:35:16 EST

<< I looked in my 'Bumper book of prehistoric mammals' and my suggested  claw-footer is a colicothereium.

 Meirion >>

My copy of "evolution of the mammals" by LB Halstead, contains several excellent illustrations of Praxian type animals from the Arsinotherium to the Theosodon, from Megatherium to Moropus. It doesn't actually have a colicothereium so I don't know what it looks like. I note that the successful Praxian animals are even toed, the also rans are generally odd toes (rhinos & horses, tapirs being the successful exception but then they are not the Beasts).

Something about marsupials seems strange in a Praxian setting - perhaps because their birth system is different from standard Eiritha beasts; OK so Bolo Lizards and Ostriches are not the same either but they are also odd. I would leave kangaroo riders out of my game; they are sillier than Maidstone Archers.

Keith N

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #483