Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #485

From: Osentalka_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 16:50:08 EST

Hello Friends,

Trotzky answered my email:
>>At the convention in LA Greg told us what the Loper (animal not tribe)
>> looks like. It is a MOROPUS, an ancient Animal of the Tapir family.
>>
>> Search for a good book of prehistoric animals, there will you find more
infos
>> about them.

>>One thing you'll find is that - no matter what Greg says - Moropus was a
>> chalicothere, not a tapir (though the two sorts of animal are admittedly
>> related). If the Claw-Footer is a Chalicotherium, then the two animals look

Greg saied nothing about the family of the Moropus, only the fact that a Loper is like a Moropus. In a (german) Book for prehistoric animals the Moropus appears in the pages of the Tapir-family related animals. If it is wrong, who cares. I wanted to know what a Loper looked like, and i got my answed from Greg, that is all that counts for me.

Cheers

Andre