Re: Praxian Megafauna

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:37:49 EST

Joerg:

<< I always felt that the climate and fauna of Prax resembled that shown in  an old classic about the Kalahari, only with Bison replacing the buffalo. I don't know where on the globe the extinct races modeling for the lost tribes' herd beasts were found, though. >>

      A little difficult to say since there seems some dispute as to what those races are :-). However, the only RW mammals I can think of with three horns are the protoceratids I've already mentioned, and they lived in North America. Moropus was also North American, while Chalicotherium lived in Eurasia and Africa - indeed Kenyan legends refer to a 'nandi bear' which looks a bit like a chalicothere, although its probably no more real than the yeti.

     Diprotodon (not strictly speaking a giant wombat, but close enough), was, of course, Australian :-)

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky