Lopers

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:12:55 +0800

>>There have been references to a marsupial tribe, hence equating lopers
>>with kangaroos - they bounce after all!
>
>The Marsupial Tribe was a ToTRM cartoon which showed the warrior in
>the pouch of the said Kangaroo. Furthermore to lope is to run with
>long easy strides which 'roos do not.

        Yeah, Lopers are not roo-like. I think Sandy said they were once, but as Andre said its a moropus, which is more like an anti-roo, with larger front than back legs. I checked my sources - the little scrap of paper that I wrote it down on when Greg said it was still in my wallet :-)

        Personally, I doubt the existence of the kangaroo tribe. I'm an Australian, I know what roos are like. A brief summary of the impracticality of riding in the pouch appears in the Simpsons australian episode.

        Lopers are, however, ridden by Blue People - the Loper folk, who get a mention in the Troll Gods Annilla writeup (though don't take everything it says too literally).

	Cheers
		David