Re: Arrowsmith Monopoly

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:37:50 EST

I had the idea that a modified version of 'Monopoly' could be fun. Each player will be a Gloranthan 'property tycoon' in the new city of Lord Pavis building
'tenements' and 'palaces' (villas, temples, mansions) in property aquired
within the City walls (set circa 850). I'm after a few comments if anyone has any opinions/ideas to offer before I run this with my players. Here are my suggested locations (going around the board):

Old Town (brown properties)
Small Town

Downtown
Zebratown
Kakstan's Art Museum -(need a better idea here I think)

Old Mint (need a better idea here)
Twin Hills
Main District

Blind King's Palace
Flintnail Fort(need a better idea here)
Griffin Gardens

Temple Hill
East Side Suberbs (this is what becomes Troll Stronglands, I made up the name) Green Hill

Real City
Manside (these being the top two locations, no sure Manside was called Manside?)

'Utilities':

North Quarry
Main Quarry
could use the Salt Mines as an alternative?

'Stations':

River of Cradles
Wyvern Gate
Hippogriff Gate
Griffin Gate

'Corners':

GO - becomes Pavis Temple
Jail - becomes Puzzle Canal
Free Parking becomes Devils Playground
Go to Jail becomes Go to Puzzle Canal

'Community Chest' becomes 'Cradle Loot'
'Chance' becomes 'Spirit of Pavis'

Obviously need a few changes to standards (and some ideas?);
'get out of Puzzle canal free'
'win second prize in a zebra breeding competition'
'win first prize in a draconic thinking competition'

Mortgaged properties are 'Flintnailed'
the Banker could be called 'Flintnail' ?

I need a name for cash used at this period.

Replacing the boot, hat etc I can think of a Zebra, a Dwarf (?), a Hammer (for masons), a Dragonewt(for ewf), a Cradle, a faceless statue.

Any suggestions/comment appreciated.

Keith N