More Bronze Age Feel

From: Carter Craig, GMI ITD Exchange <craig.carter_at_mtss.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:28:48 -0000

Hi,

Is it me or is it quiet round here?

Ken's summation of the early RQ game supplements having a 'Bronze age feel' is spot on. It's the main reason that my group started to play RQ in the first place. The early supplements had a distinct classical feel to them although I must confess to not having read them for years so this could be me suffering from acute nostalgia. Three RQ3 books have reminded me of this early atmosphere - River of Cradles, Sun County and Strangers in Prax although I acknowledge that they contain a large amount of reprinted stuff.

I suspect that I'm in a minority when I admit to having no interest in the Western stuff or the oriental bits because it always seems like they were stuck on afterwards. I definitely prefer the Bronze age/ Classical/ Dark age/ Celtic/ Saxon etc bit in the middle.

That's just my opinion though!

Cheers,
Craig

Internet communications are not secure, HSBC does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not represent those of any HSBC Group Company

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #495