The word for world is Garden

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:12:45 EST

In a message dated 3/31/99 1:10:37AM, you write:

<< Certainly Aldryami would have a word in their own language for what Steve  describes. It would have the same sort of ring that  ancestral-nation-state-and-mother-of-all-that-is-right-and-true would have  for us humans. But that word in aldryami is probably best translated into  english (I mean sartarite [no I mean ur-theyalan]) as forest. >>

I would just like to suggest that Garden may be a more appropriate
'translation'. Gardens require tending, forests do not. To quote Voltaire:

'We must cultivate our garden. When man was put in the garden of Eden he was
put there to work; that proves that man was not born to rest. Let us work without question, that is the only way to make life tolerable."

Change 'man' to 'elves' and you can see that Voltaire was an aldryami philosopher.

Keith N

other 'Voltaire was an elf' quotations:

'Aldrya isn't on the sie of the big battalions, but of the best marksmen.'
'This body, which was called the EWF was not a Wyrm, nor a Friend, nor an
Empire'