The once and future Glorantha.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 02:18:34 +0100 (BST)

Brian Tickler:
> I beg to disagree...the potential for areas like The Paps, The Dead
> Place, The Block, etc. are boundless...

I'd like to think that's there's enough material already in print to give people with an inordinate interest in doing so a pretty good shot at doing so compared to the Lunar Empire, or even to Sartar, Prax has been covered in a relatively high level of detail.

Since the money the GTA has raised isn't yet enough to cover even all five 'core' books, plus the four Sartar/Orlanthi ones (which I submit are quite clearly the best place to start, as Issaries, as I understand it, indeed plan to), then one should appreciate that quibbling about where Prax should come in the schedule is crossing a bridge or several too far. Sure, Prax should not be 'ruled out', bit I'd like to know what ought to be 'bumped' to make room for it, from the schedule as currently envisaged.

OTOH, I'm sure if someone were to donate $5000 with the stipulation that it be used to print a Prax book, or to publish their own Approved prax supplement, then Issaries would be a happy bunch of little bunnies, indeed.

> Let's keep the clans out of Prax...it was annoying enough when they
> suddenly appeared in Sartar :)...

Perhaps I'm suffering an Error in Perception, but it would seem you're implying that a) Praxian society isn't based on clans; and that b) Orlanthi society being clan-based is what MOB might call a 'naff retcon'. Surely these suppositions are both clearly false, no?

Slan,
Alex.