Jaldon

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 19:33:17 +1200

Keith Nellist:

>I don't think that [Jaldon] is seen between 620 (and possibly
>earlier) and 890 as the tribes are not united and Prax is dominated
>by Horse people and EWF monks.

Simply because the Praxians called upon Waha whenever they wanted a scrap. But Pavis and the EWF had made peace with Waha and so he was now useless in the Praxian attempts to expel the outsiders. Hence the Sable Rider attempts to find a new hero to lead them.

>He is, according to KoS awakened by the Sable
>Tribe, but according to Pavis chronology he was born in a Bison
>tent - since he unifies tribes I see no reason for these facts
>to exclude each other.

Jaldon, it seems, appears at least twice in the Imperial Age. The first time when he sacks Pavis and the second when he is summoned to lead the horde into Dragon Pass for the Dragonkill War. There's a gap of a couple of hundred years in which he apparently does _nothing_. I see no problems for the two different birth tribes in such a case.