Voralan Pizza

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 14:46:29 EDT

Manu says:
<< IMHO, plant diseases could be fungal. Diseases are associated to Malia, who  certainly had perverted a daughter of Mee Vorala to infect the Aldryamis.  Allies of these chaotic black elves disease masters should be Broos  (aldryami broos?) and not Uz, who are anti chaos fanatics.

I think the link between disease and chaos is not as strong as is suggested by this assumption. Malia is only associated with chaos because of her broo connection, and because is is nasty and bad, like most chaos. From the Voralan point of view, fungi are not diseases anyway, they are Life. They are merely living off other living matter like lots of other things do. There is certainly chaotic fungi (Apple lane has some I think?) and I wouldn't rule out chaos Voralans (very nasty) but I would still have elves suffering from horrid fungal growths if they get too damp, or injured perhaps. I would expect an elf to react more stoically than a human to his new growth (I can offer no explanation for this by the way, I just think trees take fungal growths pretty stoically).

I also wouldn't classify Uz as anti chaos fanatics. They're only interested in Eating.
(Mushroom and Aldyami Pizza being a favourite)

Keith N