Re: Praxian Clans

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 18:41:24 EDT

I said:

<< > The existing material makes it very clear that Praxian society is
> divided into clans, so there's no way they could be 'kept out'. >>

Brian Tickler:

<< Nobody I know has ever used the term "clan" to reference Praxians...maybe it's in some of the "later" books, like Genertela, I don't recall, but if so, it seems a poor term to describe a nomadic group, given that the clans most commonly referred to are of the European variety.>>

      It is indeed used in the Genertela Book, and in subsequent publications, such as River of Cradles and Drastic Prax. Not all Praxian tribes have clans, but it has been firmly established that many do, and this is unlikely to be reversed in newer books, IMO.

<< Thinking back on my original post, I hardly see what anyone's troubled about.>>

     Troubled? No... but you appeared to think that 'keeping the clans out of Prax' was a good thing. Whether I agree with you or not, it seems reasonable to point out that it ain't going to happen.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky