Re: Fungi and disease

From: Hibbs, Philip <philip.hibbs_at_tnt.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 08:25:11 +0100

>Note that, according to Troll Gods, one of the divine spells available
>to even 'normal' Voralans is one that creates fungal plant diseases.

I wouldn't make assumptions about the nature of a species based on one divine spell in a cult writeup, but it is interesting. Form should follow function, not vice versa, so if the cult/species has a disease role, then they should have a divine spell for it. One of two conclusions can be drawn from this: 1. The cult has a disease role that is not described in the writeup, or 2. The spell is wrong, and stems from a misconception of one of the designers.

The important question to me is: what is the perceived role of fungi from a pre-scientific viewpoint?

Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated. http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/
Failure is not an option, it's integral to the o/s.