Prax game material.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 02:58:25 +0100 (BST)

Brian Tickler on 'churning' on Prax material:

> I've already come out against this very approach. But that wouldn't stop
> one from having a 5 page overview handout on Prax to go with all your
> brand-spanking-new Praxian campaign material.

I think it's a pretty fair bet that the new game will contain a decent amount of overview type material on Prax. I'm sure that whatever Hero Wars does, you'll find many reasons to dislike it, but in this specific instance I don't see what the problem is.

Me:
> > ... Does anyone honestly think
> > the Praxians would sustain the sort of depth of information that
> > Sartar and the Orlanthi are going to come in for (3, 4 books?) without
> > starting to send the average gamer to sleep? Sure, one could simple
> > write endless Praxian scenarios, but I don't think that's a remotely
> > viable plan to jump-starting a new game.

> So you're missing my original point again

<extreme restraint>
Not so. Give it up. This sort of comment would be a lot less annoying if the author showed signs of addressing the points _I_ raised in contradiction of those he feels I missed. </extreme restraint>

> which was basically that the
> average gamer would be more happy with a completely fleshed-out small
> campaign area, then in a mediocre amount of information about an entire
> world with little spread out areas of it discussed in detail.

I just don't understand where this sort of comment lobs up from. How is starting off the line with 3/4 books about or applicable to the Sartar Orlanthi a 'spread out' 'mediocre amount of information'? Or have we changed topics again? Yes, this _was_ a problem with RQ3, in that for a lot of places we got a 'glimpse', portending much to come, which of course never did. Most conspicuously, this was so even for 'key' areas like Sartar and the Lunar Empire. This is _exactly_ what the new game is trying to rectify, if I divine the intent and the publication schedule correct.